Partner, Chief Executive Officer
Mark is a CFP® practitioner and has held the Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) and Life Underwriter Training Council (LUTC) designations. He began his career in Financial Services with Allstate Insurance Company in 1984 and has been involved in financial planning since 1989. Washingtonian Magazine has named Mark as one of the top financial advisers in the region in November 2010, 2012 and 2014. He has also been named multiple times as a “Expert Financial Advisor” by Northern Virginia Magazine and has received a “Premier Wealth Advisor” award by Washington Business Journal in 2013 and 2014.
- B.S. degree in Finance, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Planning, Georgetown University
- Alpha Tau Omega Thomas Arkle Clark National Leadership Award
- 2- year Cooperative Education (Work/Study) completed with Internal Revenue Service as a Field Auditor
- President, ClearLogic Financial, Inc. - Comprehensive Financial Planning Services
- Director, Financial Systems Consulting
- Director, Risk Management, Insurance and Benefits Consulting with Sedgwick Insurance
- Regional Sales Manager with Allstate Insurance Company
- Field Auditor - Internal Revenue Service
Community and Industry Activities:
- Past President and current Boardmember- Special Love Foundation for Children with Cancer
- Vice President - Board of Directors, Wolftrap Meadows Homeowners Association
- Former Chairman - Special Olympics –Area 23, Northern Virginia
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
- Mark grew up in Roanoke, VA and currently lives with his wife and three teenage children in Vienna, Virginia. He enjoys cycling, golf, and family travel. He has also coached youth basketball, volleyball, and baseball. He participates in various charitable and community activities.
Quoted in: The Wall Street Journal, MONEY Magazine, Dow Jones Newswires, Northern Virginia Magazine and NAPFA Advisor.