Founder, Chairman Emeritus
Joel is a CFP® practitioner. Worth Magazine has named Joel as one of the top 250 financial advisers in the United States. Washingtonian Magazine has also named Joel as one of the top financial advisers in the region.
- BA degree (Phi Beta Kappa) from Union College, Schenectady, N.Y. Union awarded Joel the Daggert Prize, which is given for character and integrity.
- Carnegie Foundation undergraduate Fellow, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.
- Graduate studies in public law and government, Columbia University, N.Y. as a Noble Foundation and Woodrow Wilson Fellow.
- Certificate from Columbia University International Fellows Program.
- Diploma, The National War College, Washington, DC (Air Force Association Prize).
- College for Financial Planning, Denver, Colorado, CFP program.
- Certificate in Strategic Foresight, University of Houston
- Foreign Service officer, U.S. Department of State.
- Senior intelligence officer, Central Intelligence Agency.
- Professor of National Security Policy at The National War College, in Washington, D.C., the nation’s senior institute for professional military education.
Community and Industry Activities:
- Past Chairman and Director, Northwest Federal Credit Union (VA)
- Volunteer instructor in future studies, investments, and financial planning, Osher Lifelong Learning Center at George Mason University
- Former Public Member Arbitrator, National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc., the largest forum of dispute resolution for the U.S. securities industry
- Professional Member, World Future Society
- Association of Former Intelligence Officers
- CIA Retirees Association
- National War College Alumni Association
Articles: Credit World; The Adviser’s Network. Quoted in or consulted by The Wall Street Journal;
The Washington Post; Worth; The Physician’s Personal Advisory; Bloomberg Personal Finance;
Bloomberg Wealth Manager; Smart Money; Business Week; Vantage; Friendly Exchange,
NAPFA Adviser; Financial Planning; Reuters TV, The Washington Times; Baltimore Sun:
Kiplinger’s Retirement Report; Morningstar; and other publications.