Jerry has been a financial planner for over 34 years. He is an expert in the Federal Retirement System and Federal Benefits plans, and has assisted hundreds of Federal employees in preparing for and enjoying retirement. Jerry continues to be an active instructor in retirement and financial planning courses at numerous Federal Agencies and offers classes at other educational institutions.
- BS in Psychology, Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- MBA in Finance & Marketing, Columbia Business School, Columbia University, New York City, New York
- Registered Investment Advisor in Virginia, Maryland & District of Columbia
- Financial Representative and researcher for Ferris, Baker, Watts Inc.
- Served as Financial Advisor to Chairman of Interstate Commerce Commission for Conrail Merger
- Financial Analyst for Interstate Commerce Commission concentrating in the Transportation Industry
- Financial Investment Analyst & Trust Fund Advisor to National Archives Trust Fund
- Agency Advisor on $330 million bond issue with Bear Stearns & Co as Underwriter
- Financial Advisor to founder for Government Services, Inc., initial public stock offering
- Financial Management & Budget Analyst for National Archives and Records Administration
Community and Industry Activities:
- Treasurer, Waples Mill Homeowners Association
- Volunteer , Emergency Department Fair Oaks Hospital, Oakton, VA
- Senior Facilitator and co-developer for National Cancer Society Smoking Cessation Course
- Co-founder of FOCUS, For Our Children's Unpaid Support
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
Media & Publications:
Media Appearances: MSNBC, TBD Channel 8 News Channel, TV Tokyo, and Federal News Radio.
Publications: The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Baltimore Sun, Washington Post, Kiplinger
Personal Finance Magazine, Parents Magazine, Redbook Magazine, and Northern Virginia Magazine